SWIFT Update September 23, 2021
Reminder: New Transit Sales and Use Tax for Washington County
Don't forget: Effective October 1, 2021, the Minnesota Department of Revenue will administer the Washington County 0.5% transit sales and use tax.
As a reminder, the changes to the sales and use tax rate will apply to sales made on or after October 1, 2021 (in addition to all other taxes in effect). Local sales tax applies to retail sales made and taxable services provided within the local taxing area (county/city limits). The tax applies to the same items that are taxable under the Minnesota sales and use tax law.
Purchase Orders entered prior to October 1, 2020
Agencies that enter purchase orders prior to the October 1, 2021 tax effective date will have the old rate calculated, and they will need to update their purchase orders.
Purchase Orders entered on or after October 1, 2020
Agencies that enter purchase orders on or after October 1, 2021 will calculate the new tax rates for each county/city. Existing purchase orders and/or their vouchers will need to be adjusted to pay the correct tax if delivery occurs after various dates. Please note that the dates will be different, based on whether goods or construction materials are being delivered. Check the tax notice for the affected city for the correct dates.
For assistance in changing the sales tax on a purchase order, please consult the Update Sales Tax Settings on Purchase Orders Quick Reference Guide.
Make sure to Clear the Cache on your Internet Browser
The SEMA4 and Enterprise Learning Management (ELM) systems upgrade went live this month. As a best practice, make sure to clear your cache frequently. Clearing the cache means deleting the history on your Internet browser. You should always clear the cache on your Internet browser when:
- SWIFT pages fail to load, do not load correctly, or display the “404 Error” message.
- There are financial management system upgrades or issues.
- The MN.IT or SWIFT Help Desk recommends refreshing your Internet browser.
For SWIFT, you may use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox as your Internet browser. For step-by-step instructions on how to clear the cache, please see the Clearing Browsing History and Cache Quick Reference Guide and Video Tutorial.
The SWIFT Training team offers online training through webinars, training guides, video tutorials, and one-on-one sessions.
- Webinars: Enroll in upcoming webinars on Enterprise Learning Management (ELM). See Upcoming Webinars below. They run 60 to 120 minutes and include live demos of SWIFT processes.
- Training Guides and Video Tutorials: Find quick reference guides and a user guide on our Training Guides page and video tutorials on our Training Videos page.
- One-On-One Sessions: Request a one-on-one session with a SWIFT trainer by emailing your request to: SWIFT.Project@state.mn.us
To enroll in a SWIFT webinar, sign in to the Self Service Portal and select the ELM tile.
- On the Learning Management site, select the Find Learning link (under Quick Links).
- On the Find Learning page, enter “SWIFT” in the Title field.
- Press the Search button to see a list of upcoming classes in the Search Results.
- Select the Enroll button to enroll in a webinar.
Look out for future webinars to be scheduled soon in the coming weeks!
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any SWIFT-related questions or issues.
Phone: 651-201-8100, option 2
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (closed holidays)
When contacting the SWIFT Help Desk, make sure to include details about your question or issue, including:
- Your Business Unit
- Description of the issue/question
- SWIFT Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error message print screen
Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Training Guides page.
SWIFT Update Newsletter
The SWIFT Update is sent to everyone on the SWIFT Update subscription list. To subscribe or unsubscribe to this newsletter, use the links below.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version