SWIFT Update September 17, 2020
Reminder: Statewide Systems Maintenance
All statewide systems will be unavailable due to system maintenance Saturday, September 19 at 7:00 a.m. through Sunday, September 20 at noon. Please plan around this time to minimize interruption of critical business functions. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Impacted systems include:
• Appropriate Maintenance Application (AMA)
• Budget Planning and Analysis System (BPAS)
• Capital Budget System (CBS)
• Enterprise Learning Management (ELM)
• Fiscal Note Tracking System (FNTS)
• Recruiting Solutions
• Self Service
• SWIFT (Including Supplier Portal and Mobile Inventory)
• SWIFT Data Warehouse (EPM)
Clear the Cache on your Internet Browser
If you are having trouble getting into SWIFT, please clear the cache on your Internet browser. This means to delete your browsing history. Clear the cache on your Internet browser when:
• SWIFT pages fail to load, do not load correctly, or display the “404 Error” message.
• There are financial management system upgrades or issues.
• The MN.IT or SWIFT Help Desk recommends refreshing your Internet browser.
Internet Explorer is the recommended Internet browser for accessing SWIFT. However, you can use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. The Clearing Internet Browsing History and Cache video and the Clearing Browsing History and Cache reference guide provide directions on how to clear your cache for these three Internet browsers.
Help Desk Hot Topic
The Help Desk Hot Topics feature Frequently Asked Questions answered by the SWIFT Help Desk. Use these as a friendly reminder of a process or as an opportunity to learn something new.
Q. How can I find SWIFT forms?
A. SWIFT Budget, Vendor Payments, and General Procurement forms are located on Minnesota Management and Budget's website under Accounting, SWIFT, SWIFT Forms. SWIFT security forms can be found on the Security Access Forms page.
Introduction to SWIFT Videos
Are you new to SWIFT? Now you can find a comprehensive introduction to the Financial Management System on the Training Videos webpage! Look in the SWIFT Basics section. Check out our series of video tutorials for new SWIFT users, including:
Reminder: The SWIFT Help Desk Remains Open
Please contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns, or issues you have with SWIFT.
SWIFT Training and Resources
The SWIFT training team is offering online training through webinars, one-on-one sessions, and video tutorials.
- Quick Reference Guides and Training Videos: Please check the Training and Support Resources page for the quick reference guides and training videos/ You will find reference guides covering all modules on SWIFT. We are adding new training videos in the most commonly used modules.
- Webinars: We are offering modified online versions of our classroom training. They are shorter and meant to provide basic demonstrations of the SWIFT modules. If you are newer to SWIFT, please consider taking the Introduction to SWIFT: Navigation webinar before enrolling in a module-specific webinar.
- One-On-One Sessions: If you would like one-on-one training on a SWIFT module not offered through a webinar, please email SWIFT.Project@state.mn.us to request a one-on-one session.
To find and enroll in SWIFT webinars, open the Self Service or Administrative Portal and select the ELM tile. On the Learning Management page, select Find Learning on the left menu. On the Find Learning page, enter “SWIFT” in the Description field and choose Search. Seats are available in the following webinars:
SWIFT Import and Process a Contract Document Electronically
September 22, 2020
9:00 am to 10:00 am
SWIFT Training Guides and Resources
You can find reference guides on all modules in SWIFT on the Training Guides and Resources page.
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays. When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue.
Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Training Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version