SWIFT Update April 2, 2020
Reminder: The SWIFT Help Desk Remains Open
Please contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns, or issues you have with SWIFT.
Emergency Purchases in SWIFT
The EMR purchase order type along with the EMR Approval Exception and Justification should be used for emergency purchases. The EMR purchase order is designed to allow for purchases over the MDHR Workforce and Equal Pay certification or exemption amounts. Using other than the EMR purchase order type may require the supplier to obtain MDHR certification or exemption status delaying the emergency purchase.
Contracts between $100,000 and $500,000 can be processed by checking the Exempt from WFC checkbox on the contract header. Contracts over $500,000 will require an exemption from the EPC requirements to be entered into SWIFT to allow processing the contract. Please send requests to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the current MDHR request spreadsheet that can be found at https://mn.gov/mmb/accounting/swift/forms/ for any contracts above $500,000. When amending a contract, enter a new purchase order using the EMR document type for the amended amount.
SWIFT Training and Resources
The SWIFT training team is following the guidance from the Governor’s office on Supporting State Workforce through COVID-19. We are monitoring this situation and canceled several in-person classes. Instead, we will be offering online training in the form on of webinars and one-on-one sessions.
- If you would like online training on the Introduction to SWIFT, Accounts Payable, Supplier Contracts, Purchase Orders, or Strategic Sourcing modules, please check ELM for upcoming webinars. After you enroll in a webinar, the trainer will email you instructions on how to register and join the webinar.
- If you would like training on Billing or Accounts Receivable, please email SWIFT.Project@state.mn.us to request a one-on-one session.
Also, please check the SWIFT Training Guides and Resources
page for training guides and video tutorials. There, you will find training guides covering each module on SWIFT, and we plan to add more video tutorials to this page in upcoming weeks.
SWIFT Help Desk
- Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
- When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
- The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version