SWIFT Update August 26, 2021
System Availability Due to the SEMA4 and ELM Upgrade
As a part of our continuous improvement efforts, we are upgrading the State’s SEMA4 and Enterprise Learning Management (ELM) systems to improve accessibility and user experience. Self Service, Administrative Portal, and Supplier Portal will be unavailable during the upgrade process.
Beginning Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 5 p.m., ELM will become unavailable.
Beginning Friday, September 3, 2021 at 11 a.m., Self Service and SEMA4 will become unavailable.
Beginning Saturday, September 4, 2021 at 4 a.m., the following systems will become unavailable:
- Appropriate Maintenance Application (AMA)
- Budget Planning and Analysis System (BPAS)
- Capital Budget System (CBS)
- EPM Data Warehouse
- Fiscal Note Tracking System (FNTS)
- Recruiting Solutions
- SWIFT (including Supplier Portal and Mobile Inventory)
We anticipate all systems will be available early morning Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
2021 Fiscal Year End Update
A successful Fiscal Year 2021 hard close was implemented last weekend. This accomplishment is due to agency staff working hard to meet deadlines and resolve issues. Thanks to everyone for making the FY2021 close a great success!
Close or Cancel Unneeded Supplier Contract Shells
Department of Administration’s Office of State Procurement (OSP) recommends that agencies cancel or close existing supplier contract shells that they no longer need in SWIFT's Supplier Contract module. Canceling or closing these contracts shells streamlines reports for agencies and for OSP.
- Cancel supplier contracts that have no activity against it. An activity includes purchase orders, receipts and vouchers.
- Close supplier contracts that have activity against it.
For more information, please review the Close or Cancel a Supplier Contract or Contract Lines reference guide.
Review and Update Events in SWIFT
OSP recommends that agencies regularly review their events in SWIFT’s Strategic Sourcing module. Make sure that your agency reviews events that are not in a status of Awarded, Cancelled, or Not Awarded on a regular basis. Events in any other status need to be updated to a Valid status. In the Event Workbench, search by Event Status. You can also set the Default Search Options to assist you to find events to review and possibly update.
The Strategic Sourcing reference guides and videos provide information on ways to update an event such as the following topics.
- Cancel an Event
- Close Lines
- Create a New Round
- Create a New Version
- Edit an Event
You can find them on the Training and Support Resources webpage.
Please contact the SWIFT Help Desk if you have questions about reviewing and updating events in SWIFT’s Strategic Sourcing module.
SWIFT Training and Resources
The SWIFT training team is offering online training through webinars, one-on-one sessions, and video tutorials.
- Quick Reference Guides and Training Videos: Please check the Training and Support Resources page for the quick reference guides and training videos/ You will find reference guides covering all modules on SWIFT. We are adding new training videos in the most commonly used modules.
- Webinars: We are offering modified online versions of our classroom training. They are shorter and meant to provide basic demonstrations of the SWIFT modules. If you are newer to SWIFT, please consider taking the Introduction to SWIFT: Navigation webinar before enrolling in a module-specific webinar.
- One-On-One Sessions: If you would like one-on-one training on a SWIFT module not offered through a webinar, please email SWIFT.Project@state.mn.us to request a one-on-one session.
To find and enroll in SWIFT webinars, open the Self Service or Administrative Portal and select the ELM tile. On the Learning Management page, select Find Learning on the left menu. On the Find Learning page, enter “SWIFT” in the Description field and choose Search. Seats are available in the following webinars:
Overview of Creating Purchase Orders
Aug 24, 2021
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Introduction to SWIFT Navigation
Sept 8, 2021
9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Introduction to SWIFT Reporting
Sept 15, 2021
9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays. When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue.
Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Training Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version