SWIFT Update April 16, 2020
Reminder: The SWIFT Help Desk Remains Open
Please contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns, or issues you have with SWIFT.
Managing Outgoing Grants in SWIFT
The SWIFT Training team partnered with the Office of Grants Management to offer SWIFT resources for grant makers. These resources are posted on the SWIFT General Procurement page.
- Create a Grant Contract Reference Guide: Typically, grants that provide funding for an outside entity are encumbered in SWIFT in the Supplier Contracts module. This guide provides the steps to enter and execute grant contracts.
- Manage a Grant for Grant Makers Reference Guide:This guide provides the steps to enter and manage grants in three SWIFT Modules: Supplier Contracts, Purchase Orders, and Accounts Payable.
To record outgoing grants into SWIFT:
Enter outgoing grant contracts into the Supplier Contracts module. Code all grants as a Grant (GRK) Contract Type and Category Code of 84101501.
Enter the encumbrance into the Purchase Order module. Code the purchase order as a Contract Encumbering Order (KEO) purchase order.
Emergency Purchases in SWIFT
The Emergency (EMR) purchase order type along with the EMR Approval Exception and Justification should be used for emergency purchases. The EMR purchase order is designed to allow for purchases over the Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR) Workforce and Equal Pay Certification (EPC) or exemption amounts. Using other than the EMR purchase order type may require the supplier to obtain MDHR certification or exemption status delaying the emergency purchase.
Contracts between $100,000 and $500,000 can be processed by checking the Exempt from WFC checkbox on the contract header. Contracts over $500,000 will require an exemption from the EPC requirements to be entered into SWIFT to allow processing the contract.
Please send requests to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the current MDHR request spreadsheet that can be found at https://mn.gov/mmb/accounting/swift/forms/ for any contracts above $500,000.
When amending a contract, enter a new purchase order using the EMR document type for the amended amount.
SWIFT Training and Resources
The SWIFT training team is following the guidance from the Governor’s office on Supporting State Workforce through COVID-19. We are monitoring this situation and canceled several in-person classes. Instead, we are offering online training through webinars and one-on-one sessions.
- Online Training: If you would like online training on the Introduction to SWIFT, Electronic Processing of Contract Documents in Supplier Contracts, or Strategic Sourcing module, please check ELM for upcoming webinars. After you enroll in a webinar, the trainer will email you instructions on how to register and join the webinar.
- One-On-One Sessions: If you would like training on Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Purchase Orders, or Supplier Contracts, please email SWIFT.Project@state.mn.us to request a one-on-one session.
Also, please check the SWIFT Training Guides and Resources
page for training guides and video tutorials. You will find training guides covering each module on SWIFT. We will add video tutorials to this page in upcoming weeks.
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays. When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue.
Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Training Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version