SWIFT Update July 23, 2020
Respond to Problem Reports
Agencies need to respond quickly to encumbrance certification and appropriation problem reports which were sent out last week.
Encumbrance Certification Reports
Appropriation Problem Reports
- Agencies must cancel all encumbrances for the fiscal year unless the agency head certifies that goods were purchased or services were rendered by June 30, 2020 (MS 16A.28).
- Agencies must certify encumbrances by completing and returning the certification report to Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB).
- MMB sent the initial reports last week and will resend them out weekly until August 10. Then, MMB will send them out daily.
- These reports identify appropriations that are over-obligated, over extended, or have open requisitions (pre-encumbrances) or anticipated transfers.
- Agencies must resolve these conditions before hard close on August 21, 2020.
Requirement to Resolve OLT Rows in Grants Module by Hard Close
Agencies must clear up Over-the-Limit (OLT) rows in the grants module prior to hard close. OLT rows represent transactions processed against a grant agreement which have exceeded the established Contract Billing Limit. OLT rows will cause complications with SEFA reporting, and may require your agency to make manual adjustments to the report if not resolved by hard close.
Run the M_GM_GBL_GRNT_OVER_LIMIT_TRANS query in SWIFT to obtain a list of OLT transactions for your agency.
To resolve OLT rows:
- Agencies can process a contract amendment to increase the Contract Billing Limit. Steps for this are provided in the Add or Reduce Grant Funding Quick Reference Guide. After completing the Contract Amendment, the OLT rows should disappear following overnight batch processing.
- If total grant expenditures exceed the reimbursable amount of the grant, agencies should process expenditure corrections to move expenditures.
If you have questions or issues regarding resolving OLT rows, please contact the SWIFT Help Desk.
SWIFT Training Update
During the summer, the SWIFT Training team is offering a limited number of webinars due to the fiscal year-end. The trainers are offering individual sessions instead. Please contact the Help Desk to schedule a session. We continually work on SWIFT training videos.
Reminder: The SWIFT Help Desk Remains Open
Please contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns, or issues you have with SWIFT.
SWIFT Training and Resources
The SWIFT training team is offering online training through webinars, one-on-one sessions, and video tutorials.
- Quick Reference Guides and Training Videos: Please check the Training and Support Resources page for the quick reference guides and training videos/ You will find reference guides covering all modules on SWIFT. We are adding new training videos in the most commonly used modules.
- Webinars: We are offering modified online versions of our classroom training. They are shorter and meant to provide basic demonstrations of the SWIFT modules. If you are newer to SWIFT, please consider taking the Introduction to SWIFT: Navigation webinar before enrolling in a module-specific webinar.
- One-On-One Sessions: If you would like one-on-one training on a SWIFT module not offered through a webinar, please email SWIFT.Project@state.mn.us to request a one-on-one session.
To find and enroll in SWIFT webinars, open the Self Service or Administrative Portal and select the ELM tile. On the Learning Management page, select Find Learning on the left menu. On the Find Learning page, enter “SWIFT” in the Description field and choose Search. Seats are available in the following webinars:
SWIFT Billing Part 1 webinar
July 16, 2020
9:30 am to 11:00 am
SWIFT Billing Part 2 webinar
July 16, 2020
1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
SWIFT Training Guides and Resources
You can find reference guides on all modules in SWIFT on the Training Guides and Resources page.
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays. When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue.
Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Training Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version