SWIFT Update December 3, 2020
Catalog Punchout Requisition Process Rollout
The Office of State Procurement (OSP) has rolled out a new catalog punchout requisition process. This process allows requesters or buyers to create a requisition in the EProcurement module (EPro) by ordering catalog items from supplier websites.
- To date, the suppliers that requesters or buyers can order catalog items from include Grainger and Innovative Office Solutions.
- OSP plans to add additional supplier contracts in the near future.
If you use this new process in SWIFT, you'll see links to the supplier websites on the Create Requisition page. However, do not select these links until the Punchout Requisition process is available to your agency.
(See Agencies with Access to the Catalog Punchout Requistion Process below.)
Agencies with Access to the Catalog Punchout Requisition Process
Three agencies have been included in the initial rollout of the Catalog Punchout Requisition process:
- The Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED)
- The Pollution Control Agency (PCA)
- The Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Other agencies will receive details about the rollout over the next few months.
Questions? If you have any questions or concerns about the catalog punchout requisitions, please contact Dave Smith: email@example.com.
Guides for Catalog Punchout Requisitions
New Quick Reference Guides are now available for the Catalog Punchout Requisition process.
You can find these guides on the the EProcurement Quick Reference Guides
Help Desk Hot Topic
This Week's FAQ: How to Update Purchase Order if Buyer is Out of Office?
Question: I need to update a Purchase Order (PO), but the buyer on that PO is out of the office. What can I do to make the necessary changes on the PO prior to approval?
Answer: To update the PO on SWIFT, you will need to change the buyer on the PO by creating a change order on SWIFT. To create a change order, make sure to complete all of the following steps in order, or you will not be able to change the buyer and update the PO:
1. Open the PO in SWIFT.
2. Select the Change Order icon on the PO Header.
3. Update the Buyer field.
4. Select Save.
5. You may get a message that the defaults will switch to those of the updated buyer. Select either OK or Cancel. To change the buyer, defaults, and Location, select OK. (This will affect the tax rate.) To update the buyer but not the defaults or Location, select Cancel.
6. Update the necessary fields on the PO.
7. Select Save. Depending on the change (such as increasing the amount), SWIFT may restart the workflow, and the PO may require a Budget Check and Approval.
8. Dispatch the PO.
9. Select the View Approval link toward the bottom of the PO page to verify that it routed to the new buyer correctly.
For more details about changing the buyer on a PO, see the Set up Temporary Approvers for Purchase Orders Quick Reference Guide.
SWIFT Training and Resources
The SWIFT training team is offering online training through webinars, one-on-one sessions, and video tutorials.
- Quick Reference Guides and Training Videos: Please check the Training and Support Resources page for the quick reference guides and training videos/ You will find reference guides covering all modules on SWIFT. We are adding new training videos in the most commonly used modules.
- Webinars: We are offering modified online versions of our classroom training. They are shorter and meant to provide basic demonstrations of the SWIFT modules. If you are newer to SWIFT, please consider taking the Introduction to SWIFT: Navigation webinar before enrolling in a module-specific webinar.
- One-On-One Sessions: If you would like one-on-one training on a SWIFT module not offered through a webinar, please email SWIFT.Project@state.mn.us to request a one-on-one session.
To find and enroll in SWIFT webinars, open the Self Service or Administrative Portal and select the ELM tile. On the Learning Management page, select Find Learning on the left menu. On the Find Learning page, enter “SWIFT” in the Description field and choose Search. Seats are available in the following webinars:
Budget Journal Administrator
December 10, 2020
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Introduction to SWIFT: Navigation
December 16, 2020
9:30 am to 11:30 am
Introduction to SWIFT: Reporting
December 23, 2020
9:30 am to 11:30 am
SWIFT Training Guides and Resources
You can find reference guides on all modules in SWIFT on the Training Guides and Resources page.
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays. When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue.
Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Training Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version