SWIFT Update December 17, 2020
Data Warehouse Security Change
In the Data Warehouse, users will only be able to access the Human Capital Management (HCM) – Payroll – Labor Distribution subject area if:
• The employee information is in a SEMA4 Department ID that the user has security clearance to access.
• The user has security clearance to access the Financial Department ID on the labor distribution record. (Similar to accessing Financial Management System (FMS) subject areas, accessing the Financial Department ID will be based on the SWIFT Business Unit attached to the user.)
If your security clearance to SEMA4 Department IDs or SWIFT business units needs to be revised, request a security change by using the Request for Access to SWIFT, ELM, and SEMA4 Statewide Systems form.
Note: There may be similar security changes to the HCM – Payroll - Salary Projections and HCM – Payroll – Roster Staffing subject areas in the near future.
Help Desk Hot Topic
Question: I just received a new laptop from the State and need to add links to my Favorites. Please remind me how to save 'vanity URLs' on my browser.
Answer: As part of the SWIFT, Self Service, and Administrative Portal upgrade in 2019, portal URLs were replaced by vanity URLs. A 'vanity URL' is a shorter URL that is more descriptive and automatically redirects a user to the application.
The following portals have vanity URLs:
• Administrative Portal/SWIFT: http://mn.gov/adminportal
• Self Service Portal: http://mn.gov/selfservice
• Supplier Portal: http://mn.gov/supplier
For instructions on how to save these links to your browser's Favorites, see the How to Save Vanity URLs Quick Reference Guide. This guide includes instructions for Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox.
If you have questions about how to save favorites in your browser, contact the SWIFT Help Desk (see contact info for below).
SWIFT Training and Resources
The SWIFT training team is offering online training through webinars, one-on-one sessions, and video tutorials.
- Quick Reference Guides and Training Videos: Please check the Training and Support Resources page for the quick reference guides and training videos/ You will find reference guides covering all modules on SWIFT. We are adding new training videos in the most commonly used modules.
- Webinars: We are offering modified online versions of our classroom training. They are shorter and meant to provide basic demonstrations of the SWIFT modules. If you are newer to SWIFT, please consider taking the Introduction to SWIFT: Navigation webinar before enrolling in a module-specific webinar.
- One-On-One Sessions: If you would like one-on-one training on a SWIFT module not offered through a webinar, please email SWIFT.Project@state.mn.us to request a one-on-one session.
To find and enroll in SWIFT webinars, open the Self Service or Administrative Portal and select the ELM tile. On the Learning Management page, select Find Learning on the left menu. On the Find Learning page, enter “SWIFT” in the Description field and choose Search. Seats are available in the following webinars:
Introduction to SWIFT: Reporting
December 23, 2020
9:30 am to 11:30 am
SWIFT Training Guides and Resources
You can find reference guides on all modules in SWIFT on the Training Guides and Resources page.
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays. When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue.
Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Training Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version