Apply for a Program
The Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) and Senior Leadership Institute (SLI) programs require application and acceptance into the program before enrollment in the program. Applications for the 2019-2020 ELI/SLI programs are currently being accepted. Application deadline is June 6, 2019 at midnight.
Who is eligible to apply for ELI and SLI?
- Applicants must be employed by the state for two (2) years by September 12, 2019.
- Applicants are expected to follow their agency's internal process and deadlines for being nominated to apply for the program. The application must be accompanied by letter(s) of recommendation as specified. Please visit our website for more information.
- Applicants must commit to attend all classes and complete all assignments. Classes begin in the fall of 2019.
Step 1: ELI/SLI Internal Agency Applications
Applicants are expected to follow their agency's internal processes and deadlines for being nominated to apply for the program. Please use the fillable/printable PDF form for the state agencies' internal processes for selecting ELI/SLI applicants.
Step 2: ELI/SLI Recommendation Letter(s)
- For ELI: One (1) letter of supervisory/managerial support written on agency letterhead and one (1) letter of approval from your agency HR director with his/her signature must be included as part of the application.
- For SLI: A letter from the agency's commissioner or deputy commissioner, written on agency letterhead and signed by the commissioner or deputy commissioner must be included as part of the application.
- NOTE: Applications cannot be submitted without recommendation letter(s).
Step 3: ELI/SLI Online Application Submission
- All agency nominee applications must submit ELI/SLI online application form along with the letter(s) of recommendation. The deadline for application submissions to ETD is June 6, 2019 at midnight.
- May 6, 2019, ETD will send state agency HR representatives and Agency training coordinators the link to access the ELI/SLI online application form to submit final nominee applications. HR representatives and agency training coordinators, to request an application link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The online application form has the same questions as the PDF application above.
- The online application cannot be submitted without uploading the letter(s) of recommendation.
- The online application auto-generates a notification to HR directors, training coordinators, and supervisors when an application is submitted. This notification ensures applications are only submitted with both HR and supervisor approval.
An application receipt will be confirmed via email. If you do not receive a confirmation email within five (5) business days of submission, email us at email@example.com to verify receipt of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to assure that the application is complete, including signatures on letters of recommendation.
Note: No late or incomplete submissions will be considered. Applicants will receive a notification via e-mail informing them whether they have been accepted no later than August 8, 2019.