Grant programs provide the services necessary to maintain and advance the employment of persons with severe disabilities throughout Minnesota. This is the information grantees need to apply for and operate grants.
As per Minnesota Department of Administration’s Office of Grants Management, state agencies must conduct a financial reconciliation of grantees’ expenditures at least once during the grant period on grants of over $50,000.
The VR program receives 77.08 percent of its funding through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. For federal fiscal year 2018, the total amount of grant funds awarded were $40,547,362. The remaining 22.92 percent of the costs ($14,300,000) were funded by Minnesota state appropriations.