Fun With Statistics
By Erik White
New economic data: County level Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
Published for the first time in December 2019 by the Bureau of Economic Analysis , gross domestic product (GDP) estimates are now available at the county level. These new data can help distinguish industry’s contribution to the local economy and answer the following questions:
- What is the size of a county’s economy?
- Is its economy growing or declining?
- In which industries does the county specialize?
- What industries are driving its growth?
- What has been the county’s economic growth trend over time?
Explore these answers and more by hovering your mouse over the map of Minnesota counties and changing the filter on the right-hand side of the visualization.