Governor's International Trade Award
The Governor's International Trade Award honors Minnesota companies that have shown exceptional progress and success in foreign markets. In addition to honoring individual recipients, the award recognizes the tremendous positive effect that exports and trade have on the state's overall economy.
The Minnesota Trade Office (MTO) is accepting nominations for the 36th Annual Governor's International Trade Awards. Traditionally, these prestigious awards are given out each year to honor Minnesota companies that have excelled in the international marketplace. Award recipients will be recognized at an awards ceremony on Friday, October 15, 2021.
The following four award categories are open for nominations by companies that successfully export goods and services:
- Manufactured goods: Small to medium-sized company (less than 500 employees)
- Agricultural commodities/processed food: Small to medium-sized company (less than 500 employees)
- Services: Small to medium-sized company (less than 500 employees)
- Large company (greater than 500 employees) in any industry sector.
Any Minnesota-based company that matches one of the award categories and has not previously received the award is eligible to apply.
- Significant portion of business is international.
- Demonstrated growth in international business over the past three years, with continued likelihood of growth.
- Increased or maintained employment in Minnesota through the expansion of international trade activity.
- Entered new international markets or expanded in existing markets.
Complete the application form with supporting narrative and submit to Jackie Geiger, email@example.com, at the Minnesota Trade Office no later than Friday, August 13, 2021. Self-nominations or nominations by business colleagues will be accepted, and all submitted information will remain confidential.
Deadline to Apply
End of business on Friday, August 13, 2021.
Contact Jackie Geiger by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 651-259-7485.
Previous Award Recipients
- Fireaway Inc. (Minnetonka)
- Tolomatic, Inc. (Hamel)
- Children's HeartLink (Minneapolis)
- Daikin Applied (Plymouth)
- Uponor North America (Apple Valley)
- Crown Iron Works Co. (Roseville)
- Digital Content LLC (Edina)
- DCM Tech Inc. (Winona)
- Great Plains Processing (Luverne)
- Ralco Nutrition Inc. (Marshall)
- Top Tool Co. (Blaine)
- Barrett Ag Services (Brainerd)
- Dombrovski Craft Meats (Foley)
- Industrial and Environmental Concepts, Inc. (Lakeville)
- Tonka Water (Plymouth)
- Winona State University (Winona)
- Barr Engineering Company (Minneapolis)
- Fastenal Company (Winona)
- Horton, Inc. (Roseville)
- Julia Knight, Inc. (Minneapolis)
- MGS Machine Corporation (Maple Grove)
- Midwest Ag Enterprises (Marshall)
- Minnesota International Medicine (Minneapolis)
- OSI, Inc. (Medina)
- Pepin Manufacturing (Lake City)
- Northwest Grains International, LLC (Minneapolis)
- Delkor Systems, Inc. (Circle Pines)
- Digi-Key Corporation (Thief River Falls)
- Jet Edge, Inc. (St. Michael)
- Mayo Clinic (Rochester)
- Proto Labs (Maple Plain)
- ME Global Inc. (Minneapolis/Duluth)
- Gear Grid LLC (Forest Lake)
- KwikRink Synthetic Ice (Maple Grove)
- PaR Systems, Inc. (Shoreview)