SNAP Quality Control
The SNAP Quality Control System measures the accuracy and timeliness of eligibility and benefit determinations for Minnesotans participating in federal food benefit programs. Data collected by quality control reviewers are also used to improve programs.
SNAP Quality Control reviewers conduct eligibility reviews for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and the Minnesota Family Investment Program. Quality control reviewers conduct a thorough review of cases to determine if program eligibility decisions made by county and tribal employees – and/or automated systems – are correct.
Why is my case selected for review?
State agencies randomly select a sample of households participating in SNAP in their state each month. Minnesota samples an average of 100 cases per month. Minnesota quality control staff will contact you for an interview similar to an application interview, and will verify certain information you provide and determine if benefits were calculated accurately.
Important: Your food benefits will stop if you do not complete this quality control review.
For more information about the SNAP Quality Control process, visit:
How to contact SNAP Quality Control
Reach the SNAP Quality Control help line Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can submit questions to SNAP Quality Control by:
- Sending an email to DHS.SNAP-QC.QA@state.mn.us
- Calling 651-431-7210 or 1-844-954-3327. For TTY/TDD, use the Minnesota Relay at 711 or 1-800-627-3529. For Speech-to-Speech Relay, call 1-877-627-3848.
Please do not submit multiple help forms. This does not result in a faster response and slows staff’s ability to respond to others.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, have questions or would like to send forms to the SNAP Quality Review team, submit your information using the SNAP Quality Control Help Form (DHS-8131).
Information on SNAP Quality Control messages
The Minnesota Department of Human Services will send one-way text messages from 1-844-954-3327 to inform households they have been selected for a review. Households will also receive notice via U.S. mail regarding this review.
The quality control team will begin sending text messages to participants selected for a quality control review on Sept. 1, 2021. Participation to receive text messages is voluntary.
Sample text message:
The Minnesota Department of Human Services invites you to get texts with important notices about your SNAP Quality Control review. If you do not want to receive messages, please reply with STOP.
You can cancel the texts at any time. Just text "STOP". The text message will be sent from 1-844-954-3327. After you message "STOP,” the department will send you a message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive text messages from SNAP Quality Control.
As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent or received. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, contact your wireless provider.
If you have any questions regarding privacy, please read the department’s Notice of Privacy Practices (DHS-3979) (PDF).
Terms and Conditions
The SNAP Quality Control program as necessary will send you text messages about your SNAP Quality Control review, unless you decide to opt out of receiving text messages. Below is information related to the text messages the SNAP Quality Control program intends on sending you and information on how to opt out of receiving text messages.
- Text messages will be sent to anyone selected for a SNAP Quality Control review who provided an active cell phone number when applying for SNAP benefits.
- The SNAP Quality Control program will send you text messages to communicate with you about your SNAP Quality Control review, setting up an interview, and other important information about SNAP Quality Control.
- You will be responsible for any message or data charges from your service provider associated with text messaging.
- You may receive reoccurring text messages until your SNAP Quality Control review is complete.
- The text messages you receive from the SNAP Quality Control program may contain private information. You are responsible for protecting the information on your phone.
- You may opt out of and stop receiving text messages from SNAP Quality Control at any time by replying with "STOP" to a text message, or contacting the SNAP Quality Control team at 651-431-7210 or 1-844-954-3327.
- You are under no obligation to receive text messages from the SNAP Quality Control program, and if you decide to opt out of receiving text messages, this will not affect your benefits or services.
- You are required to participate with the SNAP Quality Control program, and not participating with SNAP Quality Control could affect your future benefits. Contact the SNAP Quality Control help line for more information at 651-431-7210 or 1-844-954-3327.
- The SNAP Quality Control program will keep secure any information it has or receives. Your name and telephone number will only be viewed by SNAP Quality Control staff and the SNAP Quality Control texting provider. A complete notice of the department’s privacy practices is available at https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-3979-ENG.
- The SNAP Quality Control program may discontinue sending you text messages at any time. The program may also need to call you or communicate with you in writing, including by email if an email address was provided to your county at time of application.
- Your cell phone carrier is not liable for any delayed or undelivered messages.