Reliacard stored value card account
The state office will deposit child support payments into a stored value card account when:
- A parent requests it
- A parent does not sign up for direct deposit to a checking or savings account. They will be automatically enrolled and receive a stored value card account.
The U.S. Bank ReliaCard:
- Is offered through U.S. Bank, not the child support office or the state of Minnesota
- Is a debit card, not a credit card
- Can be used anywhere debit cards are accepted
- Can be used to make purchases, withdraw cash, pay bills and anything else you can do with a debit card. You can make cash withdrawals at ATMs or get cash back with purchase at many merchants, including grocery stores.
- Is for child support only. You cannot deposit other funds into this account.