Disability Benefits 101 is a comprehensive benefits and work-planning website created for people with disabilities under age 65, their families, caregivers and professionals. DB101 offers:
- Facts on benefit and work incentive programs
- Links to resources
- Live chat, email or phone assistance
- Online tutorials, tip sheets and guides
- Success stories that demonstrate how to manage benefits and work
- Tools for setting work goals
What are the goals of DB101?
Having real income from real jobs often means being better off financially and having a better quality of life. However, for people with disabilities a critical barrier to employment is the fear of losing state or federal benefits when working.
DB101 helps people get accurate information and understand the relationships between work and benefits so they may:
- Begin making work part of the plan
- Make informed choices about work
- Reduce their fears
People with disabilities have choices when it comes to work. Use DB101.org to explore options, learn about work incentives and reach employment goals.
Learning resources for partners
Discover new resources and tools to make work part of the plan. DB101's new Partners section offers professionals tools and resources to improve work outcomes for people with disabilities. DB101's Partner tab includes:
- Inspirational streaming videos
- On-line trainings on benefits and work
- Materials to use at staff meetings
- Reference tools, information and exercises
DB101's Partner tab is broken into three learning modules:
- Set the Stage for Change - understand the new way of thinking about work for people with disabilities and how to ready your workplace.
- Go Deep & Apply - learn about important work incentives and how DB101 can be a resource for your daily work.
- Get a Smart Start with Youth - a training toolkit to help insert benefits planning into work with youth in transition.
You can find the Partner's tab in the upper right corner on www.mn.db101.org. Begin using it to make work part of the plan for you and those you serve.
For more information
Call the Disability Hub MN at 866-333-2466 or visit the Disability Hub MN online.
Go to Disability Benefits 101 and click the Help tab for online training and Quick Start Guides to learn more about what DB 101 offers.
Subscribe to the DB 101 mailing list.
Send an email to the DHS DSD Response Center if you are unable to find information about Disability Services Division programs and services.