skip to content
Primary navigation

Applying for services

Minnesota's child support program helps parents establish a financial partnership so children receive the financial, medical and child care support they deserve.

There are two levels of services available. It is important to learn about the two options and decide which will best meet your needs. You can print out the application from the links below or get one from your county office.

  • Full services include help establishing parentage, getting an order for support, enforcing an existing order, collecting payments and more.
  • Income withholding-only services are generally limited to processing support payments and keeping track of what is owed.

Families enrolled in assistance programs may not need to apply

You do not need to apply for services if the other parent lives away from your home and you or your child receive public assistance including:

  • Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
  • Diversionary Work Program (DWP)
  • Tribal TANF
  • Medical Assistance (MA)
  • Foster care
  • Child care assistance.

Your county financial worker will automatically refer your case for full child support services.

back to top