This is a summary of services covered by MA. This list does not include all services that are covered.
- Alcohol and drug treatment
- Chiropractic care
- Dental care (limited for non-pregnant adults)
- Doctor and clinic visits
- Emergency room (ER) care
- Family planning services
- Hearing aids
- Home care
- Hospice care
- Hospital services (inpatient and outpatient)
- Immunizations and vaccines
- Interpreter services
- Lab and X-ray services
- Licensed birth center services
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Medical transportation (access, ambulance and special)
- Mental health care
- Nursing homes and intermediate care facilities for people with developmental disabilities ICF-DD
- Outpatient surgery
- Prescriptions and medication therapy management
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Urgent care
Some services or prescriptions may require prior approval.
You may need to fill out a form before MA can pay for some long-term care services including nursing homes. Contact your county or tribal office or worker for more information.
For details about covered services:
Some adults have the following deductible and copays:
- $2.95 monthly deductible
- $3 copay for nonpreventive visits (no copay for mental health visits)
- $3 or $1 copay for prescription drugs up to $12 per month (no copay on some mental health drugs)
- $3.50 copay on nonemergency ER visits
There are no deductibles or copays for:
- Children under 21
- Pregnant women
- People in nursing homes or ICF-DDs
- People receiving hospice care
- Refugees who have coverage through the Refugee Medical Assistance program
- People enrolled in the MA Breast and Cervical Cancer program
- American Indians who have ever received care from Indian Health Services
Monthly copays and deductibles are limited to 5 percent of family income.
If you are not able to pay a copay or deductible, your provider still has to serve you. Providers must take your word that you cannot pay. Providers cannot ask for proof that you cannot pay.