Drug - Xgeva (denosumab) [Amgen]
Therapeutic area - Bone resorption inhibitors
Xgeva should be administered by a healthcare professional and billed using professional claim code J0897 (buy and bill).
- Patient has bone metastases from solid tumors AND
- Patient has previously been treated with zoledronic acid (Zometa) to reduce and delay bone complications due to bone metastases from solid tumors AND
- Patient has a documented severe intolerance to Zometa OR
- Experienced a skeletal related event (SRE) while on therapy (i.e, pathologic fractures, radiation therapy to bone, surgery to bone, and spinal cord compression) AND
- Prescriber sends documentation of time on therapy with zoledronic acid and type of SRE or severe intolerance description
Patient has multiple myeloma.
MHCP Provider Call Center 651-431-2700 or 800-366-5411