skip to content
Primary navigation

Reporting changes

If you get Medical Assistance (MA) or MinnesotaCare, you must report all changes within a certain number of days of the change happening. 

  • If someone in your household gets MA, you must report a change within 10 days.
  • If no one in your household gets MA, but someone in your household does get MinnesotaCare, you must report a change within 30 days.

You may have to pay back the cost of health care services or the payment we made to your managed care plan on your behalf if you or someone in your household incorrectly receives MA or MinnesotaCare because you did not report a change.

Report all changes for yourself and your family members, including changes to: 

  • Jobs, self employment or other income
  • Where you live and who lives with you
  • People moving in or out of your home
  • Pregnancy or having a new baby
  • Marital status
  • Tax filing status and who you plan to list as dependents on your income taxes
  • Starting or stopping health insurance or Medicare
  • Access to health insurance through a job 
  • Citizenship or immigration status
  • Minnesota residency, including if you or a family member is temporarily absent from the state for more than 30 consecutive days
  • Incarceration status

If you do not tell us you have moved and your mail is returned to us with no forwarding address, coverage may end. 

back to top