PCA Steps for Success workshop
Steps for Success is a three-day workshop offered to personal care assistant (PCA) agency staff to meet the PCA agency provider training requirements when enrolling or maintaining enrollment with Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP). MHCP provides these training sessions to agency staff via webinar.
Note: In-person classes are not available at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Steps for Success is required for the following individuals of non-Medicare certified PCA provider organizations:
- Owners (directly or indirectly involved in the day-to-day operations of the PCA business)
- Managing or supervising employees (directly or indirectly involved in the day-to-day operations of the PCA business)
- Qualified professionals (QP)
Medicare-certified PCA provider agencies are exempt from the workshop requirement.
PCA provider agencies must register and pay for each participant to attend as follows:
- Agencies must complete this workshop before completing MHCP enrollment.
- Agencies have the option to have their qualified professional (QP) attend only the first day of the workshop to receive their certificate of completion and meet the training requirements. The agency may determine whether the QP stays for the second and third days. Their seats are reserved for the entire three-day period.
Participants are required to complete the Steps for Success – PCA Provider and QP online course and pass the Steps for Success pre-test before attending this workshop.