MHCP Member Help Desk contact information
Applicants for and members of Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) can call the MHCP Member Help Desk with questions about Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare.
The MHCP Member Help Desk can answer questions about:
Phone numbers: 651-431-2670 or 800-657-3739
For those who speak little or no English, the help desk provides free interpreter services.
TTY: Use your preferred relay service
Regular hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
*Members enrolled in a health plan need to call their health plan member services with questions about covered services.
The MHCP Member Help Desk can help you with:
- Requesting an MHCP member ID card
- Finding providers who accept MHCP fee-for-service coverage
- Finding out which services are covered under fee-for-service coverage
- Getting coverage if you are out of the state
- Finding out the status of a claim
- Understanding spenddowns
- Getting the status of a prior authorization
- Understanding a home care service agreement
- Requesting a reprint of an explanation of medical benefits (EOMB)
- Get answers to questions about eligibility
- Report changes in your household, income or assets