skip to content
Primary navigation

Filing a motion to modify child support

If either parent has a change in income, medical coverage, or other circumstances, the child support order may be modified. Court-ordered child support obligations can be changed only by the court. A motion to modify the support amount must be served and filed with the court. The court may approve or deny the modification.

Filing a motion to modify child support can be done by either parent. This option can be used instead of a request to the county, or if the county is unable to assist with a modification of your child support.

Read the Changing orders web page for information about:

  • Criteria for changing an order
  • Help available through the child support office
  • Important information about court hearings
back to top