Minnesota System of Care is working on an ambitious project to pilot high-quality, high-fidelity Wraparound using a system of care values-based approach. Wraparound is designed to help children and youth with serious mental illness who are served by multiple agencies. It is a process within a system of care broad framework that brings together family, friends, community, professionals, and cross-system supports resulting in a creation of a plan of care that best fits the family’s vision and story.
Wraparound is a proven practice in children’s mental health because it is:
- Driven by youth and their families
- Inclusive of the people who are important in their lives
- Reflective of the youth and family’s culture
- Brought together by systems and agencies
- Led by a single care coordinator.
Minnesota’s high-quality, high-fidelity Wraparound will be implemented in seven regions across the state. This will include intensive evaluation with national and state measures intended to study both qualitative and quantitative processes.