skip to content
Primary navigation

Nutrition services

Nutrition services pays up to $100 each month for enteral/nutritional supplements when ordered by a physician. These products may be purchased at any outpatient pharmacy that is Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) provider.

These products are typically canned liquid drinks, which add calories and certain nutrients to the diet. The program does not cover food, vitamins or herbal nutritional supplements.

All clients wishing to receive nutritional supplements through Program HH will need to obtain prior authorization from a Minnesota Health Care Program-registered dietician every six months. The dietician will meet with you to determine your dietary needs and what supplements would be best for you. The dietician will complete the Nutrition Prior Authorization Form (PDF) for you and send it to Program HH.

If you have insurance, Medicaid and/or Medicare please contact them to find a dietician that is covered under your program. If you only have Program HH coverage or your insurance does not cover dietician services, you may contact Program HH Customer Care at 651-431-2398 for assistance.

Contact your case manager, benefits specialist or the recipient help desk at 651-431-2670 or toll free at 800-657-3739 for more information.

Nutrition services frequently asked questions 

back to top