Qualifying for the enhanced rate and/or stipend
Which benefit applies to whom?
- Enhanced rate: A worker qualifies for the enhanced rate when the worker has completed qualifying trainings and provides services to a person who receives PCA services or participates in CDCS or CSG and either:
- Is eligible for 12 or more hours of state plan PCA per day
- Has the home care rating EN
- Stipend: A worker who has has completed the qualifying trainings qualifies for the stipend when he or she works with a person who is a participant in PCA Choice, CDCS or CSG. The stipend is available to the first 1,500 workers to qualify before June 30, 2021.
Ways to qualify for the stipend and/or enhanced rate
For a worker with a current RN, LPN, CNA or HHA license or certificate
- Course A + License or Certificate. Note: A worker must keep his or her license or certificate current in order to continue to qualify for the enhanced rate.
For a worker who lives within 50 miles of a qualifying in-person training
- Course A + One course from Category B + One course from Category C
For a worker who does not live within 50 miles of a qualifying in-person training
- Course A + 3 courses from Category C
For workers who received a stipend before July 1, 2019, to qualify for a second stipend
- One course from Category B + Two courses from Category C. The Category C courses must be different from the Category C courses previously taken to qualify for the first stipend.
Once you have completed training
To submit your materials, please go to the Minnesota Direct Support Worker Training website, sign up and follow the instructions.
If you qualified for the enhanced rate using a license or certification, your eligibility expires when that license or certificate expires. Your expiration date is listed on the certification letter you received when your training requirements were verified. You are responsible for submitting proof of continuing eligibility (i.e. an updated certificate or license or proof you completed another qualifying training) before your eligibility expires in order to remain eligible. Submit proof of your recertification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once verified, you will receive an updated certification letter. Give your updated certification letter to your provider agency or the person you provide services to in CDCS or CSG.