Qualifying for the enhanced rate and/or stipend
Which benefit applies to whom?
- Enhanced rate: A worker qualifies for the enhanced rate when the worker has completed qualifying trainings and provides services to a person who receives PCA services or participates in CDCS or CSG and either:
- Is eligible for 12 or more hours of state plan PCA per day
- Has the home care rating EN
- Stipend: A worker qualifies for the stipend when he or she works with a person who is a participant in PCA Choice, CDCS or CSG, and has completed the qualifying trainings. The stipend is available to the first 5,000 workers to qualify before June 30, 2019.
Ways to qualify for the stipend and/or enhanced rate
For a worker with a current RN, LPN, CNA or HHA license or certificate
- Course A + License or Certificate = Qualify for both
For a worker who lives within 50 miles of a qualifying in-person training
- Course A + One course from Category B + One course from Category C = Stipend
- Course A + One course from Category B + Two courses from Category C = Enhanced rate
For a worker who does not live within 50 miles of a qualifying in-person training
- Course A + 3 courses from Category C = Stipend
- Course A + 4 courses from Category C = Enhanced Rate
Once you have completed training
To submit your materials, please go to the Minnesota Direct Support Worker Training website, sign up and follow the instructions. Please note that the website does not work in the Internet Explorer browser and may take a moment to load in other browsers.