skip to content
Primary navigation

Programs and services

Minnesota's adolescent services unit assists youth ages 14 to 26 who have experienced child welfare involvement. Each program has different eligibility requirements. Check the eligibility requirements for the program you are interested in. You may also qualify for other resources and opportunities listed under resources. Have questions or want more information? Please email us at

Programs for current or former foster youth moving to adulthood

Services available to minors who give birth

Minor parent case management is a voluntary service offered to every minor that gives birth. The service is commonly provided by the county child welfare agency. However, in some areas, minor parent case management is provided through the county public health agency or a tribal social services agency. Case management services help to identify strengths, areas of growth, and supportive adults to help families thrive.

Services for youth who have been sexually exploited

Youth who are victims of sex trafficking can get help with emergency shelter, transitional living and other supportive services. Various community groups provide these services through Minnesota's Safe Harbor for Youth programs.

Options for mothers who cannot keep their babies

Mothers who are not able to care and provide for their child can consider placing their baby for adoption. Many organizations in Minnesota can help with this. In extreme situations, new mothers can leave their newborn up to seven days old at certain locations under the state's Safe Place for Newborns law.
back to top