Crisis Text Line
As of April 1, 2018, Minnesota’s suicide prevention and mental health crisis texting services are now available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. People who text MN to 741741 will be connected to Crisis Text Line. Crisis Text Line handles 50,000 messages per month and over 20 million messages since 2013 from across the U.S., connecting people to local resources in their community. For callers who are the most in distress, average wait times for a response is only 39 seconds.
We have a range of materials below available to you to use electronically and to download. These materials may be resized but the content cannot be altered without the permission of DHS. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print ready postcards and posters
Banner ads for web
Local suicide prevention coordination
There will soon be more on-the-ground suicide prevention services across the state. DHS is in the process of selecting contractor(s) to:
- Support awareness of suicide prevention and how to access the statewide text message suicide response service.
- Maintain local resources in the 211 national database for Crisis text line to access in order to help connect individuals with trained crisis counselors and access local resources.
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the warning signs for suicide and of how to connect individuals in crisis with assistance and care.
- Partner with local mental health facilities, medical providers, school counselors, juvenile justice, probation officers, and county providers to provide trainings and information.
- Promote timely access to high-quality culturally-appropriate services for persons at heightened risk for suicide.