Long-term services and supports rates changes
Service rate and monthly budget changes effective July 1, 2022
The Minnesota Legislature authorized the following service rate and monthly budget increases effective July 1, 2022:
- 6.12% increase to the home-delivered meals service rate under Alternative Care (AC), Elderly Waiver (EW) and Essential Community Supports (ECS).
- 0.06% increase to AC and EW monthly case mix budget caps.
- 0.81% increase to Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) monthly budgets under AC, EW and Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC), Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) and Developmental Disabilities (DD) waivers.
- 1.53% increase to ECS monthly budgets.
- Federal mileage rate increase to $0.59. The Internal Revenue Service announced on Dec. 17, 2021, the standard mileage rate for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) is 58.5 cents per mile for business miles driven beginning Jan. 1, 2022. DHS adjusted the federal mileage rate to 59 cents effective July 1, 2022. DHS systems are not able to authorize amounts containing a half-cent, so the rate is rounded up. This mileage adjustment applies to all home and community-based services (HCBS) programs.
Increases to the monthly case mix budget caps allow case managers/care coordinators to plan for and authorize additional services within a person’s budget. For CDCS participants, use the CDCS Community Support Plan Addendum to document budget and plan changes. Some resources:
- For MMIS instructions, see the MMIS automation process and Section 301.27 of DHS-4625-ENG in the Instructions and Manuals tab below
- For CDCS instructions and the CDCS Community Support Plan Addendum, see the Instructions and Manuals and Resources tabs below
- For information about conversion budgets, see the Instructions and Manuals tab below.