Long-term services and supports rates changes
Monthly budget cap and limit changes for aging programs
The Minnesota Legislature authorized the following monthly budget cap and service rate limit increases effective Jan. 1, 2021:
- 3.60% increase to Elderly Waiver (EW) and Alternative Care (AC) monthly case mix budget caps
- 3.60% increase to EW and AC Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) monthly case mix budget caps
- 3.64% for EW customized living (CL) monthly and daily service rate limits
Increases to the monthly case-mix budget caps allow case managers/care coordinators to plan for and authorize additional services within a person’s budget. For CL and 24-hour CL, foster care, the service limit increases allow case managers/care coordinators to authorize additional component services within a person’s support plan. For CDCS participants, use the CDCS Community Support Plan Addendum t to document budget and plan changes.
- For MMIS instructions please see Section 301.27 of DHS-4625-ENG in the Instructions and Manuals tab below
- For CDCS instructions and the CDCS Community Support Plan Addendum please see the Instructions and Manuals and Resources tabs below
- For information on conversion budgets please see the Instructions and Manuals tab below.