skip to content
Primary navigation

What you need to know to get help

In Minnesota, the first point of contact to get government financial support or access the state's health care programs usually is your county or tribal human service agency.

County offices Tribal offices

The Minnesota Department of human services works with county and tribal agencies, private service providers, nonprofit organizations and the federal government to provide and pay for services Minnesotans are eligible to receive. Eligibility varies from program to program, and each individual and family has a different situation that ultimately determines the services people can receive. You and your family may qualify for some programs but not others. In addition to the main programs listed below, your family might qualify for programs designed specifically for your unique needs. Work with your county or tribe to access all programs you qualify to receive.

back to top