Minnesota Provider Screening and Enrollment (MPSE) Portal
The Minnesota Provider Screening and Enrollment (MPSE) portal is a new web-based program that will allow providers to submit and manage their Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) provider enrollment records and related requests online. This will eliminate the need for providers to submit paper enrollment requests. The MPSE portal will be available to all MHCP providers, managed care organizations, electronic data interchange (EDI) trading partners, clearinghouses and billing intermediaries. Providers will be able to access the MPSE portal from the MN–ITS home page. The MPSE portal is a separate program from MN–ITS to manage the MHCP enrollment process.
MPSE Features and benefits
- MHCP providers (doctors and other medical personnel, including home care and waiver providers) will be able to securely enroll and validate their information.
- Enrolled MHCP providers will have direct access to the MPSE portal from their existing MN–ITS account.
- The MPSE portal will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can start an application, save it and go back to it based on your own schedule.
- Manage all of your locations or sites online and share part or all of your application for others to complete.
- Manage your affiliation with other individual health care providers or agencies.
- Track your application status and progress.
- Communicate with MHCP Provider Eligibility and Compliance staff through secure messaging.
- Access built-in guidance for help completing the application process.
- Minimize errors usually found on paper-based applications that cause the application to be returned to the applicant due to incomplete information.
Individuals or organizations will be able to use the MPSE portal for all of their enrollment needs:
- Submit a request as a new provider to MHCP or add a new service location address.
- If you are already enrolled with MHCP, access the portal through your existing MN–ITS account to update enrollment records.
- Enrolled service locations that are currently closed with MHCP can activate or reactivate their record.
Updates and news about MPSE
Minnesota Provider Screening and Enrollment (MPSE) Portal Launch
The Minnesota Provider Screening and Enrollment (MPSE) portal was launched internally to DHS on Oct. 29, 2018. Provider Eligibility and Compliance has successfully been using the MPSE portal to manage provider’s enrollment records and the portal is planned to be released externally to providers in 2019.
Watch this page for more information as we get closer to launching the MPSE portal. We will keep you informed with updated information here and on the Provider news and updates page.