Minnesota Provider Screening and Enrollment (MPSE) Portal
The Minnesota Provider Screening and Enrollment (MPSE) portal is a new web-based program that will allow providers to submit and manage their Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) provider enrollment records and related requests online. This will eliminate the need for providers to submit paper enrollment requests. When it is ready for use later in 2019, the MPSE portal will be available to all MHCP providers, electronic data interchange (EDI) trading partners, clearinghouses and billing intermediaries. Providers will be able to access the MPSE portal from the MN–ITS home page. We will provide a link when the portal is ready for you to use. The MPSE portal is a separate program from MN–ITS to manage the MHCP enrollment process.
MPSE Features and benefits
- MHCP providers (doctors and other medical personnel, including home care and waiver providers) will be able to securely enroll and validate their information.
- Enrolled MHCP providers will have direct access to the MPSE portal from their existing MN–ITS account.
- The MPSE portal will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can start an application, save it and go back to it based on your own schedule.
- Manage all of your locations or sites online and share part or all of your application for others to complete.
- Manage your affiliation with other individual health care providers or agencies.
- Track your application status and progress.
- Communicate with MHCP Provider Eligibility and Compliance staff through secure messaging.
- Access built-in guidance for help completing the application process.
- Minimize errors usually found on paper-based applications that cause the application to be returned to the applicant due to incomplete information.
Individuals or organizations will be able to use the MPSE portal for all of their enrollment needs:
- Submit a request as a new provider to MHCP or add a new service location address.
- If you are already enrolled with MHCP, access the portal through your existing MN–ITS account to update enrollment records.
- Enrolled service locations that are currently closed with MHCP can activate or reactivate their record.
Updates and news about MPSE
Minnesota Provider Screening and Enrollment (MPSE) portal external pilot test
We continue to progress toward launching the MPSE portal. Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) enrollment staff have been successfully using the MPSE portal internally since Oct. 29, 2018. A plan to test further the performance of the MPSE portal by engaging providers to complete various enrollment tasks using the MPSE portal will be the next step. This testing is to verify that the system is functioning as expected for external users. The providers who will participate in this testing have already been selected. We will not be adding additional providers to the pilot test at this time. MHCP will post an update on the status of the MPSE external launch on this webpage once this pilot testing period has concluded.
Watch this page for more information on launching the MPSE portal. We will keep you informed with updated information here and on the Provider news and updates page.