What services are available?
Covered DBT Services
Who is eligible for this service?
DBT Provider Manual
Programs must determine that a client meets the eligibility requirements for this intensive service by providing a thorough assessment, including a diagnostic assessment, functional assessment and by conducting the necessary treatment readiness protocol described by the evidence-based practice.
Become a provider – Applications/Certifications/Licensure
Online application DHS-6420 (PDF) – to access the online application for new program certification, you must use your MN-ITS login ID and password.
- The applicant program must consist of team members who are trained in DBT treatment and may include persons from more than one agency as long as professional and clinical affiliations with the DBT team are delineated as employees, affiliates, or contractors of the DBT program.
- The process for certification of DBT programs in Minnesota involves completing the official certification application and submitting required documentation.
- The application and program manual must contain evidence that the DBT program adheres to the definition of Dialectical Behavior Therapy Intensive Outpatient Program in accordance with Minnesota Rule 9505.0372 Subp. 10.
- DHS will review applications and supporting documentation against the evidence-based standards of DBT as described in Minnesota Rule 9505. 0372 subpart 10.
- Notification of certification status will be sent no more than 30 days after a completed application and supporting documentation is received.
- Certification will be for one to three years from date of approval.
- A certified program will become authorized to use DBT-specific reimbursement codes and will be listed on the DHS website as a certified DBT provider.
Re-certification Application DHS-6421 (PDF) – to start a new online application for renewing program certification, the program must use a MN-ITS login ID and password.
- Successful recertification will extend a programs certification for one, two or three years.
Current Certified DBT IOP Providers
DBT Certified Providers List
For certified programs
It is required that whenever a new team member joins, or an existing team member leaves, the Program Staff and Qualification Update form DHS-6422 (PDF) be submitted to DHS. To access the online form, you must use your MN-ITS login ID and password.
MHCP Codes & Rates
Mental Health Information System (MHIS) Materials - Reporting through the Mental Health Information System (MHIS) is required of all Crisis Response providers. The MHIS reporting instructions and materials are located on the Adult Mental Health Technical Assistance page. For DBT reporting questions contact the Reporting Help Desk at (651) 431-2239, press 4 for DBT or email DHS.firstname.lastname@example.org and include “DBT” in the subject line.
DBT Policy Lead, 651-431-2225 or email@example.com
Minnesota Rule 9505.0372 Subp.10