Share your input on the draft service design for case management services
In 2018, DHS convened an initial design team to draft a definition for the service of case management and create a foundational set of standards for the delivery of the service so that people know what they can expect and what they can rely on if they are receiving case management services.
DHS would like you to review and provide feedback on the draft service design.
- Step 1: Watch a short, 10-minute presentation on the draft service design.
- Step 2: Download and read the draft service design.
- Step 3: Share your thoughts via an online survey by March 15, 2019.
The feedback questions (PDF) are available if you would like to see them before you read the service draft or begin the survey.
If you have questions or need an alternative way to review the document or provide your feedback, please email the case management redesign team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lauren Siegel at 651-431-4895
Case management redesign
The Minnesota Legislature directed DHS to partner with counties, tribes and other stakeholders to redesign case management to achieve the following:
- Increase opportunities for choice of case management service provider.
- Define the service of case management to include the identification of roles and activities of a case manager to avoid duplication of services.
- Provide guidance on caseload size to reduce variation across the state.
- Develop a statewide system to standardize case management provider standards, which may include establishing a licensure or certification process.
- Develop reporting measures to determine outcomes for case management services to increase continuous quality improvement.
- Establish rates for the service of case management that are transparent and consistent for all Medical Assistance-paid case management.
- Develop information for case management recipients to make an informed choice of case management service provider.
- Provide waiver case management recipients with an itemized list of case management services provided on a monthly basis.
Partner and stakeholder resources
This webpage provides stakeholders and partners with background information and stakeholders’ vision of case management, to become the basis for a draft Roadmap for Case Management Redesign.
Information about case management redesign