Case management redesign
The Minnesota Legislature directed DHS to partner with counties, tribes and other stakeholders to redesign case management to achieve the following:
- Increase opportunities for choice of case management service provider.
- Define the service of case management to include the identification of roles and activities of a case manager to avoid duplication of services.
- Provide guidance on caseload size to reduce variation across the state.
- Develop a statewide system to standardize case management provider standards, which may include establishing a licensure or certification process.
- Develop reporting measures to determine outcomes for case management services to increase continuous quality improvement.
- Establish rates for the service of case management that are transparent and consistent for all Medical Assistance-paid case management.
- Develop information for case management recipients to make an informed choice of case management service provider.
- Provide waiver case management recipients with an itemized list of case management services provided on a monthly basis.
Partner and stakeholder resources
This webpage provides stakeholders and partners with background information and stakeholders’ vision of case management, to become the basis for a draft Roadmap for Case Management Redesign.
Information about case management redesign