Behavioral health home services
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA) created an optional “health home” benefit so that states could better coordinate care for Medicaid enrollees with chronic conditions. Behavioral health home (BHH) services are Minnesota’s version of the federal “health home” benefit for Medical Assistance (MA) enrollees. BHH services include the following:
- Comprehensive care management
- Care coordination
- Health promotion and wellness
- Comprehensive transitional care
- Patient and family support
- Referral to community and social support services
The behavioral health home services overview DHS-6307 (PDF) provides additional information.
All BHH services teams operated by the organization must meet the BHH services certification standards (DHS-6766) (PDF).