In 2019, the Minnesota Legislature authorized the Department of Human Services (DHS) to make system-level improvements to Minnesota’s disability waiver programs. The Waiver Reimagine project will accomplish the following:
- Ensure equal access and benefits across disability waiver programs and be responsive to a person’s needs, circumstances and preferences
- Align benefits across waiver programs for people with disabilities, including consistent limits and allowable services
- Provide flexible and predictable benefit changes that recognize life changes and an increased use of technology
- Allow simplified administration that make waivers easier to understand for people who receive services, county and tribal administrators and service providers.
Virtual feedback events
DHS looks forward to receiving input about Waiver Reimagine from people with disabilities who access waivers and their families, as well as counties, tribal nations, providers and advocates. We are hosting a series of online events for people to provide feedback about different aspects of Waiver Reimagine. These events will include a brief presentation and opportunities for discussion in small groups.
The October virtual feedback event will focus on the future of self-directed services. We will discuss ways for self-direction to be easier to understand and more accessible to everyone who uses waivers.
- Option 1:
- Date: Monday, Oct. 12, 2020
- Time: 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Option 2:
- Date: Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020
- Time: 6-7:30 p.m.
For more information on the event and how to attend, go to the October feedback event page.
You can learn more by: