Disability Services innovation grants
People in Minnesota who have disabilities want the same great quality of life that most people in Minnesota enjoy: to work and earn money, live in housing of their choice, choose their care providers, their friends and social activities. It is also important to maximize the capacity, strengths and unique abilities of families to best support their family members with a disability.
The Disability Services Division launched its innovation grants program in 2016 to support new and innovative ideas to achieve these outcomes effectively and efficiently. See the Innovation grants awarded webpage for a list of grantees in prior rounds.
Anticipated timeline for next round of grants:
- January 2024: Innovation grants RFP process opens
- January/February 2024: Responder’s conference
- March 2024: RFP closes – applications are due
- April/May 2024: Review of applications
- May/June 2024: Negotiate contracts
- July 1, 2024: Grantee anticipated start date.