Community relations and public engagement
Actively building trusting, authentic relationships. Elevating the voices of the people we serve.
– Community Relations Mission Statement
The Department of Human Services (DHS) works to build relationships and trust through authentic engagement with communities in Minnesota. We strive to prioritize community solutions, creating a bridge between our institutions, community-based organizations and partners, and those who participate in DHS programs.
Your engagement matters
Your ideas for how DHS can strengthen community relationships and build partnerships that help improve our outreach will help people better understand and access our programs and services. The lived experiences of fellow Minnesotans will shape DHS policy and procedure to create community-based services that are equitable, culturally-response and person-centered. Join us in helping DHS give Minnesotans the best possible experience in accessing the help they need, when they need it.
What you can do
- Follow and engage with us on Facebook and Twitter
- Attend a Community Empowerment Session
- Hear our responses to Community Empowerment Session conversations via our podcast, The LoopBack
- Attend a Cultural and Ethnic Communities Leadership Council (CECLC) meeting to learn more about how to support their work in reducing disparities in DHS services
- Stay up to date on upcoming Community Engagement Events by joining our e-mail list below
- View additional opportunities for public comment and participation
Sign up to receive occasional email updates about community engagement news and opportunities at DHS.
Questions? Contact the Community Relations team at email@example.com.
The LoopBack podcast
The LoopBack podcast features responses to previous Community Empowerment Sessions and other engagements. Each episode includes an update on what DHS has done or is doing to collaborate with community members and partners.
DHS invites client, stakeholder and citizen involvement in its initiatives and proposed program changes. Learn about current opportunities for public participation.