Training and Education Resources
A plan with Vocational Rehabilitation Services might include training and education.
There are many options to consider for training and education after high school:
- Higher Education
- Technical and Career Colleges
- Community and Tribal Colleges
- Four-Year Colleges and Universities
- Short Term Training
- There are a number of short-term training choices. These include seminars, workshops, continuing education, personal enrichment courses, non-credit courses, and college diploma and certificate programs.
- Is a paid or unpaid short-term work experience that allows you to gain practical skills and learn about an occupation.
- On the Job Training (OJT)
- An option after getting hired where you are given extra time and supervision to gain specific skills at the workplace that will allow for successful long-term employment.
- Registered Apprenticeship
- Is a structured way of learning a skilled occupation, craft, or trade. It combines on-the-job training and classroom instruction.
- Autism Speaks - Postsecondary Educational Opportunities Guide is designed to help you and your family explore the different opportunities and learning environments after leaving high school
- ACT - Services for Students with Disabilities - ACT has established policies regarding documentation of an applicant's disability and the process for requesting accommodations.