skip to content
Primary navigation


Housing assistance programs help Minnesota families pay for places to live and thrive.  

Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA) Housing Assistance helps people with disabilities cover housing costs like rent, mortgage and utilities. The Housing Support (formerly known as Group Residential Housing) program pays for room and board for seniors and adults with disabilities. Expenses can include rent, utilities, food, household supplies and other necessities.

You can get more information about other housing resources on the Housing Benefits web site (HB101).

Housing Benefits 101

Housing Benefits 101 is a free Web-based tool that can help you decide where you want to live. At, you can:

  • Explore your housing goals
  • Learn more about your housing options
  • Learn more about services and programs to help you in your home
  • Create a plan to reach your goals. replaces the DHS Housing Resources Toolbox.

back to top