- 30 years old, on the DD waiver
- Works in day training and habilitation (DT&H) sheltered employment
- Participates in an enclave two days a week
- Wants to get her own job, but also wants to keep existing services
- Is unsure what will happen to her benefits if she changes work situation
Betsy participates in five days of full-day DT&H services with a local service provider. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, Betsy participates in center-based work, constructing information packets as well as other center-based day activities. On Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, Betsy participates in a work crew that provides building-maintenance assistance for a fitness center.
In discussing employment with her case manager, supports and service provider, Betsy has said she would like to continue participating in building maintenance at the fitness center and participate in center-based activities at her DT&H, but she would also like to get an independent job in the community. Betsy loves to bake and would like to find a job in a bakery.
With this information, Betsy’s case manager makes the following authorizations for Betsy’s annual review:
- Authorizes 13 15-minute units of development (1:1) activities for Tuesday and Thursday mornings to help Betsy with her competitive employment search and to understand what will happen to her benefits when she changes her work. Betsy, her case manager and her provider have worked together and determined that the development service will occur at Betsy’s home and will include some indirect employer outreach.
- Authorizes 34 15-minute units of group support (1:6) in the afternoon on Tuesdays and Thursdays so Betsy can participate in the building-maintenance crew
- Authorizes four units of waiver transportation to provide transport to and from the building-maintenance crew at the fitness center
- Authorizes three full day DT&H units for Monday, Wednesday and Friday to keep everything the same on those days.
Look at the charts below to see a mock weekly schedule for Betsy under both her current and new service arrangements.
For more information, see Betsy’s completed Employment and Day Services Individual Planning Tool (XLS).
Current daily activities - Betsy
If you are using a screenreader and would like to hear a detailed description of the graphic above, visit Current daily activities - Betsy