Business Summary: Effective FY18 - 7/1/17
Local Area Network (LAN)
Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) provide our agency partners with LAN Services that support the connection of end-user computing devices, telephones, printers, security cameras and other network connected devices. The service includes equipment, maintenance, configuration, administration, monitoring, and operations.
Eight LAN service types are available to support wired and wireless connections (see details in the table below). All services include:
- Switch equipment, maintenance plans and equipment spares as needed for quick replacement.
- Management systems, monitoring, LAN firewall and operational resources.
- Managing enterprise architectural standards and best practices for LAN and Wireless LAN (WLAN) services.
- The lifecycle for LAN equipment is managed and equipment replaced as needed.
- Specialized distribution equipment known as core switches are required at large offices or multiple building campuses with many or widespread LAN switches (see the table below).