Map Design Files
Color Palette Styles
The following color style sets have been approved/tested for Adobe Creative Cloud and ESRI ArcMap and can be installed for easy access. To install these files:
- Download the accessible style files (zipped files).
- Unzip the files.
- Place the file in the appropriate software folder. The file paths listed below are the most common locations for software folder.
If you are on a Mac navigate to your Applications folder instead of your Program Files folder. Then follow the rest of the file path.
Where to Save Your Adobe Accessible Color Swatch Styles
- Adobe Illustrator CC:
- Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 20XX\Presets\en_US\Swatches
- Adobe InDesign CC:
- Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 20XX\Presets\Swatch Libraries
- Adobe Photoshop CC:
- Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 20XX\Presets\Color Swatches
Where to Save Your ESRI ArcMap 10.X Accessible Color Swatch StylesFor ESRI ArcMap there are two style files: CMYK and RGB. ArcMap cannot easily transition between the two styles.
- Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.X\ArcMap
Choose the style that works best for each project. If you are printing your map, use the CMYK style. If your map is intended for use online or on a device, use the RGB style.