Sometimes it is necessary to retire a product when it goes end-of-life, prior to a scheduled product refresh. In these situations a new product can be offered to replace the retired product.
Procedures for requesting product substitution are as follows:
- Notify the program management team of a product going end of life and secure a placeholder for the proposed replacement product;
- Use the most current version of the standards spreadsheet to provide information about the substitute product;
- Submits the substitute product offering to the program team for approval;
- Program team evaluates proposed substitute product offering, then notifies you if the product has been approved;
- Program team adds approved products to the program website.