Admin Surplus Services assists state organizations in the redistribution of surplus public assets in a responsible fashion for the fiscal and environmental benefit of Minnesota. Admin guides the reuse of both federal and state surplus property by state agencies, political subdivisions and eligible donees.
Methods of reuse and disposal include:
- Transfer between state agencies and local units of government
- Sealed bid sale
- Negotiated sale
- Public Auctions
- Consignment and donation to Admin
Admin acquires and distributes many types of items, including office supplies and furniture, medical supplies and equipment, clothing, a wide range of vehicles, machine tools, hardware and electrical supplies and more. These items are made available to eligible organizations for a nominal service charge, helping customers realize incredible savings. Admin also operates the state auction program, conducting live and online auctions which serve the public and return revenue to state government. Approximately 92 percent of auction proceeds are returned to owner agencies.
Additionally, Admin provides the following services:
- Materials Handling - Delivery and inventory of stored items and receipt of agency surplus property for consignment or donation to Admin Surplus Services
- Storage Space Leasing - Indoor storage is available to state and local government agencies for $5.85 per annual square foot. The charge for outdoor storage space is $25.00 per vehicle per month.
- Purchasing of used Federal vehicles from the United States General Services Administration (GSA) for redistribution to eligible organizations