Please follow the wiring guidelines below for non-state owned properties.
The entrance size must be large enough to provide access for the telephone company's facilities as necessary to accommodate the LESSEE'S needs. If the entrance size does not meet access requirements by the Telephone Company, the State of Minnesota or other telecom providers, LESSOR shall, at its expense, make such changes necessary to ensure that building access requirements are met.
Equipment Room (ER) (formerly known as Main Point of Presence [MPOP])
LESSOR shall, at its expense, provide a room designated as the ER where all underground telecommunications facilities and riser cables will terminate. The room should meet the following requirements:
- As close as possible to the center of the building to minimize the horizontal copper cable lengths (maximum of 90 meters [295 ft.]).
- Dedicated to telecommunications equipment only and:
- Minimum size of 12 feet x 16 feet. Depending on the size of the building, this may increase.
- Minimum lighting of 50-foot candles measured 3' (feet?) above finished floor level. (also, spell out number?)
- Controlled access to this room, such as key or key card, which is limited to only those who are authorized to provide telecommunication services in this location.
- Smoke and heat sensors, connected to the main building security system.
- 36" wide lockable entry door, opening outward.
- No electrical transformers or any other type of equipment that can cause electromagnetic interference (EMI) or radio frequency interference (RFI) in any ER or the Telecommunications Room (TR).
- The ER Room MUST meet the following requirements:
- Dimmer switches are not allowed.
- Access to and identification of the building-grounding electrode, as described in National Electrical Code handbook.
- Temperature and humidity must be within a range that will not cause corrosion on terminations and there must not be water intrusion problems.
- Minimum of 3 dedicated, isolated, separately fused 20-amp branch circuits, each with an 110V 2-gang electrical outlet with four (4) receptacles.
- Adequate ventilation that provides heat dissipation for all installed equipment.
- Overall temperature maintained between 64 and 75 degrees.
- Relative humidity from 30 to 55 percent. NOTE: Measurements for temperature and humidity are taken at 5' (feet?) above the finished floor - in front of, or between equipment. (also, spell out number?)
- Adequate plywood (3/4 - 5/8 inch) on wall for wire and equipment termination and installation, painted with a light colored paint and meeting all applicable fire codes.
- If sprinkler heads are used, installation of a wire protection cage to prevent accidental operation.
- Drainage troughs should be installed under any sprinkler pipes to prevent them from leaking onto telecommunications equipment.
- Provide all required cable from the ER to the TR on the floor of which the Leased premises are a part for present and future requirements (2 pair copper wire from the ER to the TR for each workstation).
- Remove all cable/wiring that does not meet building code.
Equipment Room (ER) and Telecommunications Room (TR) Grounding
- Telecommunication Ground Busbar: In the TR or ER, LESSOR shall install a Telecommunications Grounding Busbar and Telecommunication Bonding Backbone connecting either room to the building grounding electrode.
- Bonding Conductor LESSOR is responsible to provide ground wiring American Wiring Gauge (AWG) #6 stranded wire from the Telecommunications Grounding Busbar to all telecommunication racks. LESSOR shall install an AWG #2 stranded wire from the TR/ER Busbar to the building grounding electrode.
- Grounding conductor from the ground Busbar to each equipment rack and section of basket tray/cable tray in each ER/TR.
Telecommunications Rooms (TR)
- For every 10,000 square feet of office space per floor, the LESSOR shall provide one TR. The telecommunications closet shall be, at a minimum 100 square feet. Maximum cabling distance from a TR to an office cannot exceed 90 meters.
- All other requirements for the TR's are the same as Clause above.
LESSOR shall provide and install, at its expense, a horizontal subsystem that will provide a cable route from the TR's and computer room to each workstation on the floor. The subsystem should be made up of one of the following:
- Under floor duct system (e.g., walker duct system).
- Suspended ceilings.
- Raised flooring.
LESSOR will provide a minimum of 12-strands single-mode and 12-strand multi-mode fiber-optic cable from the ER to the computer room.
All voice and data cabling installed by LESSEE or by LESSOR on behalf of LESSEE shall remain a part of the Leased Premises upon termination of this Lease unless LESSEE elects to remove said cabling.