Minnesota Capitol Art Exhibit Advisory Committee
Monday, November 25, 2019
11:00 am – 12:45 pm
MN Department of Administration
50 Sherburne Avenue, Saint Paul
Robyne Robinson, Chair
Christina Woods, Vice Chair
- Call to Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Consideration and adoption of process for soliciting and evaluating art exhibits for submission to the Capitol Preservation Commission
- Closing business and adjournment
If you cannot attend in person, you may participate via teleconference:
Dial 1-888-742-5095 Code: 2558208004#
The Capitol Art Exhibit Advisory Committee was established by the 2018 Legislature to advise and make recommendations to the State Capitol Preservation Commission regarding art exhibits to be displayed in specific spaces in the Minnesota Capitol.
To develop these recommendations, the committee will receive proposals from Minnesota artists, art organizations, and other individuals and prepare a list of recommended art exhibits for consideration by the commission.
In accordance with MN Statutes 15B.32, art exhibits displayed in the State Capitol should tell Minnesota stories and engage people to:
- reflect on Minnesota history;
- understand Minnesota government;
- recognize the contributions of Minnesota's diverse peoples;
- inspire citizen engagement; and
- appreciate the varied landscapes of Minnesota.
Preference will be given to artists currently living in Minnesota or living in Minnesota at the time portrayed. The selection process will ensure that a wide range of artists have a chance to be considered and that, over time, the art reflects the contributions of artists of various demographic backgrounds, including age, disability, gender, and racial and ethnic identity.