Welcome to your Minnesota Capitol
The newly restored Capitol includes nearly 40,000 square feet of new or restored public gathering space. New space includes meeting rooms, working and relaxing space, gallery space, and expanded dining areas. This new space will better accommodate visitors to the Capitol in three important ways:
- Encouraging year-round public use of the People's House;
- Making it easier to participate in the democratic process;
- Increasing transparency between the government and the people.
Members of the public can reserve spaces in the Capitol for events, meetings, and other gathering purposes. Additionally, many of these public spaces can now be reserved for use after normal business hours (this will include additional information and may include a fee). Keep reading to find out how you can take advantage. Admin staff are here to help you enjoy your Minnesota Capitol!
Book a Space – Online Reservation System
Our reservation system allows you to research rooms and venues, check availability, and book space from your tablet, mobile phone, or computer. Note, each space you book will require an Event Permit. To get started:
- Check space availability for your date, time, and location using our Events Calendar
- Reserve your date, time, and location using our online Reservation system
- Further instructions will be provided after you have made an event reservation.
For more information on event permits, equipment rental, and event planning resources, see our Public Events page. If you have questions or need help with reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-201-2300.
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to use the space available in the people’s house, your Minnesota Capitol.