The Surplus Property Exchange Program provides a common forum for state agencies and political subdivisions for reusing surplus state property. State agencies can view items that are available and submit their own items for the exchange. The Exchange is updated continuously and users are encouraged to visit often to see what is available.
To submit an item, email the following information to Surplus.Services@state.mn.us, being as accurate and descriptive as possible:
- Item name (desk, chairs, copy machine, etc.)
- Size (i.e. 48 inches wide, 30 inches deep, 60 inches tall)
- Description as appropriate, including:
- Damage, such as scratches or dents
- Other pertinent information (i.e. number of drawers, construction material, special or unique features)
- Photos (optional but highly encouraged)
- Who to contact if interested in the item, including:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Location of item
- Removal process (i.e. disassemble and pick up)
Admin staff will review each submission for its reuse potential. A review is typically completed within three to five business days. In general, items will be posted for 30 days or until purchased or claimed. Items not sold or claimed after 30 days may be removed from the Exchange and evaluated for an alternative disposal method.
Terms and Conditions
Please note the following terms and conditions:
- The Surplus Property Exchange is open only to Minnesota state agencies and political subdivisions.
- All postings are the expression of the supplier.
- The posting of an item is not automatic. A reviewer will evaluate each submission and the supplier will receive notification when their item is added to the Exchange. Admin staff may also recommend a more appropriate disposal method.