The Minnesota Department of Commerce licenses collection agencies and debt collectors. Our efforts provide regulatory oversight of the industry to help protect consumers and promote a competitive marketplace.
Important Notice Regarding the June 30 License Renewal Deadline
Minnesota law sets the deadline for real estate broker, salesperson, closing agent, limited broker, abstracter, debt collection and bullion product licenses as June 30. This year, June 30 falls on a Saturday – To ensure licensees have a smooth and successful renewal experience, the Commerce Department strongly encourages you renew your license by Friday, June 29.
Commerce wants you to have a smooth and successful renewal experience! If you submit your renewal application by Friday, June 29:
- Your license will be renewed on time as long as your application is correct and complete.
- Commerce Department staff will be available to assist you with questions about state licensing procedures.
- PULSE Support staff will be available to assist you with technical issues such as a lost or forgotten user name or password. PULSE staff will also be able to assist you with any problems encountered during the online renewal process.
- Continuing education providers will be able to answer your questions about courses listed on your CE transcript.
- In the event that an error in your application is identified, you will have an opportunity to correct it by June 30 and submit an on-time renewal.