The renewal window for appraiser renewals is open from July 1 to August 31 at 11:59 PM Central time. You cannot renew the license before July 1. There is no grace period for either CE completion or license renewal.
- Renewals are performed online at Pulse Portal.
- Do not use your browser’s “Back” button at any point in the process. Your progress will be lost and you will need to start from the beginning.
- From the “Choose a state to begin” drop-down menu, select “Minnesota.”
- From the “Choose a board to continue” drop-down menu, select “Appraiser.”
- Under “License Renewals,” click on “Renew An Existing License.” This will call up the “Search License Renewal” screen.
- Click the “Individual” radio button.
- If you have completed your required continuing education (CE) and all of the required hours have been entered into the system, the “Attestation” screen will appear. Click the “I Agree” button.
- The renewed license summary will appear. Click the “Continue” button.
- The “Contact Information” screen will appear. Make any necessary additions or changes, click the “Save” button, then click the “Continue” button.
- The Credit Card Information screen will appear. Enter all requested information. (Note: If your mailing address is in the United States, you do not need to enter anything in the “Country” field.) Click the “Continue” button.
- Verify your information on the next screen. If something needs to be added or corrected, click the “Change My Request” button. If everything is correct, click the “Renew My License” button.
- The confirmation page will appear. Please write down the Confirmation ID number and print the page for your records.
- Note: If you do not print and click the “Close” button, a dialog box will appear asking you to print the page for your records. Clicking the “OK” button in this box will take you to the Home page.
- When you apply to renew your license, the PULSE system will verify that you have completed your required continuing education (CE).
- If you have not yet completed your CE, do so no later than August 15 or you run the risk of not being able to renew your license by the deadline.
- Resident appraisers can review their CE transcript on www.pulseportal.com.
- If a course has been completed but is not listed on the CE transcript, you will need to contact the course provider for assistance. The Department of Commerce cannot assist you with this issue. All completed continuing education must be uploaded by the course provider.
- After you have submitted your renewal application on Pulse Portal, email copies of your continuing education course completion certificates (all attached to ONE email) to the Department of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your continuing education certificates must be received by our office before 11:59 PM Central Time on August 31.
- Your renewal request will remain pending until your CE course completion certificates have been reviewed by the Department of Commerce.
- Do not send multiple emails that each include only some of your certificates.