Real Estate Renewals
A renewal ID is no longer needed; instead, you will need a user name and password. Detailed instructions for creating a user name and password are found on the second page of your printed license.
Do not use your browser's "Back" button at any point in the process. You will lose all of the data that you have entered and will need to start over.
Important Notice Regarding the June 30 License Renewal Deadline
Minnesota law sets the deadline for real estate broker, salesperson, closing agent, limited broker, abstracter, debt collection and bullion product licenses as June 30. This year, June 30 falls on a Saturday – To ensure licensees have a smooth and successful renewal experience, the Commerce Department strongly encourages you renew your license by Friday, June 29.
Commerce wants you to have a smooth and successful renewal experience! If you submit your renewal application by Friday, June 29:
- Your license will be renewed on time as long as your application is correct and complete.
- Commerce Department staff will be available to assist you with questions about state licensing procedures.
- PULSE Support staff will be available to assist you with technical issues such as a lost or forgotten user name or password. PULSE staff will also be able to assist you with any problems encountered during the online renewal process.
- Continuing education providers will be able to answer your questions about courses listed on your CE transcript.
- In the event that an error in your application is identified, you will have an opportunity to correct it by June 30 and submit an on-time renewal.
Abstracter Individual License Renewal
Renew your abstracter license online at www.pulseportal.com. Electronic renewal applications, renewal documents, and payments must be received by the MN Department of Commerce before 4:30 P.M. Central Time on June 30 of the applicable renewal year.
NOTE: An individual abstracter license cannot be renewed until after the associated company license has been renewed. You must email your liability insurance or surety bond to the Licensing Division at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Abstracter Renewal” in the subject field. Your license will lapse unless this insurance documentation is received before the renewal deadline.
If you encounter problems during the online process please contact Pearson VUE customer service at: 866-274-4756. Do not use your web browser’s back button at any point within this process or your data will be lost.